Thursday, June 5, 2014

Paint Bench: 28mm Vampire Lord on Horse by Troll Outpost Finished

 Paint Time : 3 days


Here is another miniature I bought off ebay, and decided to try it out. It has great detail and made of resin. The manufacture is Troll Outpost, which I have never heard of. The model itself was slightly a pain to put together, and it was slightly warp. I had to break one leg off and reattach it and use some putty on it. The armor and the horse has great detail. The only problem I had was the Vampire Lords face...it seemed to lack great detail. Anyways, it was my first Vampire Lord to ever paint, so don't laugh. It cost me around $24.00 or so. I do not plan to buy anymore. There is a set of 6 that go along with this Vampire Lord, but I am not too thrilled about putting any of them together. They are nothing like a Games Workshop plastic figure as far as putting them together. I used superglue on them, Gorilla glue, but it took for ever to assemble them. 

Anyways, here is how it turned out. I am not good at vampire skin. I read up on it....and I was close, minus one step. But I got somewhat pale skin and stopped before I messed up on the skin for a third time. 




I did have to replace his sword with a high elf bit sword I had laying around. The sword it came with broke off his arm and was warped beyond repair.




1 comment:

Jerome Samson said...

My name is Karina, I'm someone who has lived a life seemingly in the background, I must say this final indignity I have suffered almost too much to endure. You see, I have been sickly and weak since the day I was born and doomed to go through my life weakling. I seemed to have always suffered from one illness or another and could never play with the other children as I so desperately wanted to. Mother always made such a big fuss over me, also, making the situation worse as the other boys teased me mercilessly after they saw it. I was browsing the internet searching on how I could be transformed into a powerful person when I came across the email of a man named Lord Mark. who was a VAMPIRE so I told him that I has always dreamed about of becoming a VAMPIRES, All i did was just to follow the procedure that i was been told, and I bet you that procedure I took change my entire life to something i ever desire, freedom, sickness free, pains free, fame, influence, connections and even more that i can. Thanks to Lord Mark. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Vampirelord7878@gmail.com